Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day After Change

I know it's been awhile since I've written and in the near future I'd like to change that. Somehow life and internship work in particular has made that more difficult for me than I'd like, but after the day of such a historic election, I wanted to leave you with some words and encouragement that one of my favorite people had to say:

this is from the blog of wendy melchior once again! :)

After all the hype of yesterday – long lines at polling centers and election results rolling in – I woke up today and everything inside my bedroom looks the same.

I’m glad we voted yesterday in a historic election. But today, let’s:

Use less
Love someone who is unlovable
Listen longer
Take time to pray
Pick up some trash that we didn’t drop
Give up something we want in order to bless someone else, whether he or she has earned it or not
Respect both the winner and the loser
Advance peace


Change is more than rhetoric. Regardless of who you voted for, it’s time to move. It was never really about one man anyway.

No comments: